I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Self-denial

I once knew a man who had it all. He was married, had a good paying job, and married. That seems to be end-all goal of success. His wife couldn't have children. They got divorced. He got fired. But he kept living but not on his own accord. He never got a job after that. His siblings took care of him. His brother called it self-denial, defining it as a refusal to look back. Most people end their day, end their month, end their year, and they question what they did right and what they did wrong. Then they try to improve what they did wrong. Meditation. This man stopped looking back. He kept living thinking everything was fine. He was happy. But everyone wasn't happy with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home