The Girl that Waits
Her parents were away. We sat on the couch, cuddling. And although I hardly knew the girl, I was feeling something. A deception perhaps that you could give everything to someone you hardly know and still end up happy. But I WAS feeling something. I asked her, "Can I kiss you?" Hesitantly, she responded, "We have our whole lives to do that." We didn't end up together because often fate doesn't allow two people to be together. But I always respected the girl who told me that we should wait because we have our whole lives to do that stuff. It was words that I take with me in all of my relationships. A year later, the next time I saw her, she was way past her first kiss. She didn't wait her whole life for her first kiss or her first f*ck. I always respected the girl who told me to wait, but I couldn't respect the girl in front of me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home