I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Presidential

Hello? Is this thing on?

How do you guys measure success? They say success can be measured by how you get up when you fall down. For me, there are some things out there that you can never get back up from. There are just some things I could never do. If I did, I would be unsuccessful. How many of ya'll like former president Bill clinton?

[Applause. Hootin' hollerin. Hollerin' hootin.]

Yeah I think he's pretty cool too. He was a former president. A lot of people would call him successful. I know Time Magazine would. He managed to survive impeachment because of the Monica Lewinskey scandal and finished his term. A lot of people would call that successful. But he cheated on his WIFE. That's something you can't erase. And if I was him, at the hour of my death, and I had to review the gamut of my accomplishments, I would have to call it unsuccessful. Because out of all the accomplishments in my life, it doesn't change or overshadow the fact that I cheated on my wife. It's just something you can never get back up from even if the marriage ended up working out. It is an infraction that forever labels you on the forehead, "UNSUCCESSFUL!" Bill Clinton, unsuccessful and a great guy.

[Silence.]

Thank you! You guys have been great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving, cas' blog!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a shame that bad is so much louder than good.

you really have to listen for the good. but its there. so listen.

and at the hour of your death...be thankful that whatever deity you choose to believe in or not believe in is more merciful than you or i (or at least better at listening for the good).

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home