Silence
One of the most respectful things I've ever witnessed is the silent person. I'm not talking about the people who stay quiet in fear or cowardice. I'm talking about the person who has something say but chooses not to. The person will pass you up not because he's trying to be mean but because he truly, genuinely does not care about what you are saying. I'm also not talking about the ruse of indifference. I'm not talking about people who say they don't give a f*ck because it's the cool thing to do. I speak of genuine apathy. Do not take it for granted that true apathy is a discipline. It takes a lot out of you to disconnect yourself, to not be passionate about everything and anything. It is not lazy. It is difficult. It is difficult to not care when, too often, the instinctive emotion calls. But how are silent people perceived? Unassertive, meak. They are disposed to being labeled by people who think they have no opinions. These are people who opinionate themselves because they're insecure, afraid of not having a voice. They are loud in order to be heard, because they fear that no one cares about what they are saying. But the silent don't mind. The truly silent people are the masters of their domains. They have opinions but words aren't necessary. Because the most convincing way to show that you don't give a f*ck is to not actually give a f*ck.


1 Comments:
speechless...
can you do one about the type of person i am? i wanna gain incite that might be beneficial to my attempt in putting everything back into perspective. maybe i'll see something that i overlooked.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home