Christmas Time is Here
Hello World,
It's now December. Christmas time is here!!!

There's something about the christmas spirit that no one can quite wrap their finger around. I'm talking about that inexplicable feeling that people get over themselves about the thought of the biggest day of the year coming into fruition. And you see it everywhere. People just have this general overwhelming excitement during the season.
Is it the receiving of gifts? Possibly
Is it the sentiment of giving? Sure, why not?
Is it because it's Jesus' birthday? Maybe...just maybe.
But I have a theory that all the excitement for the season is caused by the familiar subtleties of tradition. Everyone has their own way bringing in the holiday cheer into their lives. Some people do eggnog, secret santa, and white elephant. Ever since I got to Berkeley, my traditions had to change a little bit. But any tradition during Christmas time, new or old, always succeeds to bring that oh-so wonderful feeling of joy in our hearts. Starting last year, there is just one tradition that I can't do without. That tradition...is watching Kids.

(click pic for description)
Given to Em as a present, we watched it in order to celebrate me giving her that present. And it has grown to be the one of those things that brings people together during the holidays.
Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!
It's now December. Christmas time is here!!!

There's something about the christmas spirit that no one can quite wrap their finger around. I'm talking about that inexplicable feeling that people get over themselves about the thought of the biggest day of the year coming into fruition. And you see it everywhere. People just have this general overwhelming excitement during the season.
Is it the receiving of gifts? Possibly
Is it the sentiment of giving? Sure, why not?
Is it because it's Jesus' birthday? Maybe...just maybe.
But I have a theory that all the excitement for the season is caused by the familiar subtleties of tradition. Everyone has their own way bringing in the holiday cheer into their lives. Some people do eggnog, secret santa, and white elephant. Ever since I got to Berkeley, my traditions had to change a little bit. But any tradition during Christmas time, new or old, always succeeds to bring that oh-so wonderful feeling of joy in our hearts. Starting last year, there is just one tradition that I can't do without. That tradition...is watching Kids.

(click pic for description)
Given to Em as a present, we watched it in order to celebrate me giving her that present. And it has grown to be the one of those things that brings people together during the holidays.
Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!


6 Comments:
aw the poor little christmas tree, covered in 3 feet of lights. it's in your hands now! :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Kids looks interesting. I might have to watch it. I just might.
oh cas. I remember you telling me that story. It's great that it has turned into a wonderful holiday tradition.
you're still a grinch to me.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
LOL!!! within the next hour, we'll be watching this soon-to-be Christmas classic. YAY!
Kids is MAD SLEPT ON.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home