Guess Who My Friend Is...
Guess who my friend is...
Here I'll give you a hint.

Still don't know?
If you don't know, that's Krizia Sapida. Who? Krizia Sapida! Who? Krizia Sapida! Hmmm... That really doesn't roll off the tongue like Mike Jones.
Krizia Sapida is this year's Miss San Francisco for 2007 (if you didn't know what year it was.)
What does that mean? It means she has proven herself proficient in the areas of private interview, swimsuit segment, artistic expression/talent, evening wear segment, and Q&A segment.
She was pretty much polished in all segments. Normally, I don't really trip about pageants. I honestly thought it was going to be just a bunch of uppity judges just pickin' favorites. The reason why I am trippin' about it is because 1. they picked our girl and 2. they picked the right one. Krizia was arguably the most graceful one at the pageant and an exemplar of the sophisticate that pageants are ideally supposed to choose when they are looking for an ambassador for their organization/city/etc. The one thing that's really impressive is that she kept it real throughout the whole pageant process. How do I know she kept it real? Because she wouldn't be my friend if she didn't keep it real. But even we were jokingly eggin' her on to stay ahead of the competition. We said, "C'mon Krizia, it's time to get into sabotage mode." and "If they ask you at all, just say 'Yes, I do support the War on Terrorism.'" But she said, "Nope, I'm gonna tell them what's on my mind." Now that's a true souldier. I'm also trippin' because I've literally seen this girl turn pain into accomplishment.
So Congratulations Krizia on winning Miss San Francisco. We are all very proud of you! But you didn't have to win a pageant for me to tell you that.
Watch out for this girl, she's going to do great things and she'll most likely do the wave that I taught her. C'mon now, she learns from the best.
Click here to see highlights of the pageant.
Let me tell you how the weekend went.
Friday: Was thinking about going to the Chappelle Block Party but it was $1, so we decided not to. Ended up going to Thai Noodle for the 1st time, the best Thai restaurant in Berkeley (cheap and good + late = best)
Saturday: Went to PAA Semi-Formal, it would have been a bust but the folks from UC Davis held it down for us.
Sunday: Watched Miss San Francisco win Miss San Francisco, played volleyball, and wrote two papers
It's just a day in the life.
Don't you hate it when the effects of the weekend carry over to the weekdays?
I'm going to leave this one up for street cred.

Did I mention that I get to say she's my friend? Click here for highlights of the pageant.
Here I'll give you a hint.

Still don't know?
If you don't know, that's Krizia Sapida. Who? Krizia Sapida! Who? Krizia Sapida! Hmmm... That really doesn't roll off the tongue like Mike Jones.
Krizia Sapida is this year's Miss San Francisco for 2007 (if you didn't know what year it was.)
What does that mean? It means she has proven herself proficient in the areas of private interview, swimsuit segment, artistic expression/talent, evening wear segment, and Q&A segment.
She was pretty much polished in all segments. Normally, I don't really trip about pageants. I honestly thought it was going to be just a bunch of uppity judges just pickin' favorites. The reason why I am trippin' about it is because 1. they picked our girl and 2. they picked the right one. Krizia was arguably the most graceful one at the pageant and an exemplar of the sophisticate that pageants are ideally supposed to choose when they are looking for an ambassador for their organization/city/etc. The one thing that's really impressive is that she kept it real throughout the whole pageant process. How do I know she kept it real? Because she wouldn't be my friend if she didn't keep it real. But even we were jokingly eggin' her on to stay ahead of the competition. We said, "C'mon Krizia, it's time to get into sabotage mode." and "If they ask you at all, just say 'Yes, I do support the War on Terrorism.'" But she said, "Nope, I'm gonna tell them what's on my mind." Now that's a true souldier. I'm also trippin' because I've literally seen this girl turn pain into accomplishment.
So Congratulations Krizia on winning Miss San Francisco. We are all very proud of you! But you didn't have to win a pageant for me to tell you that.
Watch out for this girl, she's going to do great things and she'll most likely do the wave that I taught her. C'mon now, she learns from the best.
Click here to see highlights of the pageant.
Let me tell you how the weekend went.
Friday: Was thinking about going to the Chappelle Block Party but it was $1, so we decided not to. Ended up going to Thai Noodle for the 1st time, the best Thai restaurant in Berkeley (cheap and good + late = best)
Saturday: Went to PAA Semi-Formal, it would have been a bust but the folks from UC Davis held it down for us.
Sunday: Watched Miss San Francisco win Miss San Francisco, played volleyball, and wrote two papers
It's just a day in the life.
Don't you hate it when the effects of the weekend carry over to the weekdays?
I'm going to leave this one up for street cred.

Did I mention that I get to say she's my friend? Click here for highlights of the pageant.


3 Comments:
Cas! You're a true friend! Thanks for teaching me the importance of KEEPIN' IT REAL and dressing for impressing haha
"If two people are riding in the same car, and they get out and one looks more fab than the other, people will think 'daaaang, where'd he pick that poor ugly thing up?!'" haha
It's people like you that inspire me to be MYSELF loud and proud :)
CONGRATS KRIZIA!!!! im still sad that i couldnt make it :(
aww and im double sad that i missed out on tonight's celebration. anyway, i am soooo happy/proud/excited for you!!!
and cas, "you know what's next... We're comin' for it!!" hahahahah
Krizia, you know that if we're riding in the same car, I can be wearing a tuxedo, and you could be in sweats, and you'd still be Miss San Francisco.
I gotta get to work on that Mr. North Hollywood.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home