I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Guest Speaker

I had a guest speaker today. She was a Zen Buddhist lawyer. This is what I remember...

"You think that just because you have a degree, you know something? You don't know a goddamn thing."

"In school, they teach you how to get good grades. 90%-80% your above average. 70% you're average. 60%-50% you're a failure. You've been taught to think that way. But in life, you're lucky to be 50% in anything. You'd be successful if you were at 50% with the job you take, the wife you choose, the life you provide for your children. If you were an inventor, you'd be a genius. Imagine if half of the ideas you came up with were successful."

Then we had a group exercise...

Leader: What are some of the prejudices you hold?
Girl: I don't like people who take drugs just to fit in.
Boy next to her: Yeah...they have to want it in their heart.

That's all for today, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home