Sentimentality
If there's anything missing in this world, it's sentimentality. A lot of things are taken for granted these days. Nothing is special anymore. That's because everyone wants it all to be special. What does that mean? Well it usually means people putting stuff like "laugh like you've never laughed before" or "live every moment like there's no tomorrow" bs on their profile. Why is it bs? Can you imagine everyone living their life like there was no tomorrow? People would be stabbing, sexing, crying, skydiving off of airplanes, or any extremity you can conjure up if you were going to die tomorrow. I don't understand why people say that. I can't say to myself that I have no tomorrow. I do have a tomorrow and it might be happier, sadder, funnier, more painful than today or yesterday but it will always be just as GOOD as any other day I've ever lived my life. And GOOD and happy are not the same thing in this case. Also, I've seen people who say stuff like that and just use it as an excuse to act a fool. They use the broken philosophy to make mistakes. On the other hand, I'm not one to say that life is all about pain and misery because it's not. But I do believe that too high of a premium is placed on happiness. Happiness is placed at the end of a tunnel while all other emotions are blocked out and not revelant. But they are relevant. Pain, sadness, misery are just as important as happiness or laughter. The problem with putting happiness in tunnel vision is that we chase it so much that we create illusions for ourselves to convince us that we're happy. Don't get me wrong. There are reasons to be happy and there are special moments out there. But be honest with yourself. They don't happen 24-7. They are strategically placed between times of pain and sadness to show you how significant they are. What I'm trying to say is this...stop trying to force happiness and stop taking those special moments for granted in order to feel something significant or compensate for insecurity. Instead, listen and pay attention for those special moments, that significance, because they do happen. And just because there are feelings not of happiness that you feel, that doesn't mean it's not worth experiencing. Let's stop using the "I'M LIVING MY LIFE" cliche in order to act stupid and let's think about things for a second. Sometimes the best things are not out there in the real world but only in the realm of your mind.


3 Comments:
valid points have been made by thee
you speak truth.
yo... it's izelle... nicely put. guess you weren't very fond of my last entry. hahaha. =P
Hiya Izelle,
This one isn't exactly directed towards you because I know you mean what you say when you say you're going to live your life to the fullest. Other people just say it because.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home