I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Lessons of the Weekend

My dad once told me, "You're young. You don't know what it means to compromise."
I once told him, "What do you mean? I've compromised with people plenty of times."
He once told me, "No, that's not what I'm talking about. You've never had to compromise your dreams."

Is this a lesson you can only learn with age? I can't say that I fully grasp this, but if I ever had a taste of what this meant, it happened this weekend.

Always remember that there is a bigger picture. Sometimes you have to look beyond yourself if you want to make that picture brighter.

Don't ever take your voice for granted. You have a voice and it deserves to be heard because the reality is...for every one voice that is saying something, there are ten people that don't want that voice to be heard.

If you're ever talking to a large group of people, and you want them to feel you, just be honest. The worst thing that can happen is that they don't like what you say. But at least you were honest.

You have to have purpose in anything you do. If you don't have purpose, then anything you do is for the wrong reason.

Just call me. I'll inspire you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too late, you inspired me a looong time ago

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a little narcissistic at the end there, but overall you had a good message.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^ lol i thought the same thing

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should totally delete that last comment from edward whatever..

anyway..i'm proud of you.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home