I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

shoulder lean...Shoulder Lean...SHOULDER LEAN!!!

Sorry guys, it's been a while. So here it goes...

-----------------------------

Dear Women of America,
nay
Women of the World,
I like your natural hair color better.
Yours truest,
Casanova Ruffin

-----------------------------

Josh sprained his ankle. Extend your arms and send forth your healing power right...NOW!
Get Well Soon.

-----------------------------

Briefs
Boxers
Wifebeater
Dress Slacks
Dress Shirt
Braces
Tie or Ascot
Tie Clip or Tie Bar (or both or not)
Sweater Vest
Coat
Pocket Square
Argyle Socks
Dress shoes or Classics or Chucks

Dressing successful doesn't make you successful...

but American Eagle won't help you there either.

----------------------------

Do you guys remember the Filipinos that used to wear Nautica, Fubu, and Ecko?
I'm not going to front. I rocked SouthPole myself. You have to be a boy before you can be a grown ass man.
But do you remember those guys? I mean, with gangsta rap on the rise (circa 2000), how could you not want to dress like a gangsta, or at least, a gangsta rapper?
Well they're still around, except they don't wear Nautica or Fubu or Ecko anymore.
They wear Abercrombie, American Eagle, and Hollister.
And they roll in big groups, shave their heads, smoke cigarettes, and hit up the clubs.
They look at each other with animosity.
The new wave of Filipino: dress like white boys, the girls have white girls' hair colors, and still want to be thugs without dressing like one.
When I say Filipino, I don't like using the word "they."
I would say it, but who am I to tell them that they should stop acting like a "they?"

Does anyone still not know what a "typical" is?

Oh yeah, they also pluck their eyebrows. When did it become thugger for a dude to pluck his eyebrows? But true, "Nobody wants a unibrow."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try not to fully judge anyone as typicals unless I'm completely sure. It's easier to meet "real" people that way; some of them are just hiding...

and also,
http://www.ohword.com/blog/306/its-hard-to-care-about-outkast-anymore

11:56 PM  
Blogger joshua said...

thanks..
now come to berkeley already..

and pay your rent dammit..

just playing..
but seriously..

11:12 PM  
Blogger Patrici said...

lol josh wins

i saw the morris brown video and I LIKED IT!!!



now what was i gonna say...oh yes...i like my natural hair color better, too

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home