The World is Against You
Coming off the momentum of a great party, I find myself thrusted in the final stage of a college year. This is the part where everyone seems to make their final moves. This is when everyone starts to realize their "dreams." Well needless to say, if you have such a high as PCN Afterparty, you're bound to hit a couple of lows. It's difficult not to get jaded in this world by all these people who are trying to do for themselves. You hear old people complain all the time about how our generation has a problem. I wonder if old people have a genuine dislike for young people or if there really is a problem. Is it this American Spirit/American Dream BS that we tend to shove down everyone's throat: the idea that you can do anything if you want to? I mean, isn't that why we have shows like Jackass and Viva La Bam. (I do watch these shows and take it for what they are.) But take this ideology and put it into someone else's hands and basically you have the knife that rips apart the community pillowcase. If all of our generation thinks that they can do anything they want to, there's a whole lotta values that we're not reinforcing. Loyalty being one of them. I think that's one of the biggest problems about our generation. We think that we can follow our dreams without any obligation to anyone. We follow our dreams and either step on or forget those who have opened doors.
Everyone has a dream. And sometimes people following their dream means that they want to take away your dream. Someone told me that my problem is that I'm paranoid and that I think the whole world is against me. I'll tell you this...you'd be a fool to think that the whole world isn't against you. That don't mean don't trust no one. You just gotta get used to the fact and get over it.
Everyone has a dream. And sometimes people following their dream means that they want to take away your dream. Someone told me that my problem is that I'm paranoid and that I think the whole world is against me. I'll tell you this...you'd be a fool to think that the whole world isn't against you. That don't mean don't trust no one. You just gotta get used to the fact and get over it.


1 Comments:
Sometimes I wonder if there is a middle ground, after reading all these Asian-American books about the space between the first and the second generation. The past and the future. I guess that means the present. It's a tough to call it. All I know is that no one can do it alone.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home