I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Is that Mister Bentley Fonzworth? Indeed it is.

When I was a senior in high school, my friend, Jessi, invited me to eat at Hot Wings on Melrose and La Brea. While we were waiting for our food, I noticed this one individual sitting at the table across from us eating with a bunch of his friends. He was wearing a suede jacket, jeans, bright red socks, and brown leather shoes. He was also black. That's when my eyes lit up...

Me: Oh sh*t! Do you know who that is?
Jessi: No, who's that?
Me: That's Bentley Fonzworth!
Jessi: Who?
Me: Bentley Fonzworth! You know, P. Diddy's personal assistant. The one in the pictures who's holding the umbrella.
Jessi (with voice raised twenty decibels): Oh you mean P. Diddy's manslave!!!

That's when I put my hands over my eyes. I was pretty sure he heard us. (By the way, for those of you who don't know, Fonzworth Bentley made 8,000 dollars a day being P. Diddy's assistant. Now there are some of you who would say that you wouldn't be a slave for any amount of money. BUT PLEASE, don't act like you weren't taking orders from sadiddy white people at Starbucks, or Jamba Juice, or Quizno's, or wherever you used to push a mop at because you know you weren't getting paid 8 G's a day.) It took me awhile to get up the nerve but I finally approached him after we were done eating. He was glad enough to oblige me with an autograph (happy enough for someone who just heard that he was being called a manslave, at least) and he complimented my pants. I was rocking these plaid or tweet pattern joints that night.

On the autograph, he wrote...

To Cas

Remember to follow your dream

God Bless

Mr. Bentley!

So in honor to the man who told me to follow my dream...Mr. Fonzworth Bentley

Manservant or Mastermind?



Do you wanna go to Ireland? I've been.



I can't wait for the new album. Don't sleep on it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dooooopppppppeeeeeeeesaauuuuuuuceeeeee!

since I was nine, I wanted to rhyme...

10:05 AM  
Blogger Patrici said...

HE COMPLIMENTED YOUR PANTS!!!

If my fashion idol complimented my outfit, I would perhaps need to do nothing more in life to feel accomplished

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home