I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Cerebrum Studio: netninja489

The Cerebrum Studio is proud to welcome to the stage...netninja489

::Applause::

netninja489: I guess I can start talking about something I’d like people to know about.
netninja489: Addiction is a chronic disorder proposed to be precipitated by a combination of genetic, biological/pharmacological and social factors. Addiction is characterized by the repeated use of substances or behaviors despite clear evidence of morbidity secondary to such use. (WIKIPEDIA.COM)
Me: You want to talk about addiction?
netninja489: It’s an important element in the 21st century, maybe in all centuries past and present.
Me: Do you have an addiction?
netninja489: Yes I do. I am an "addict". There are no better words for it either. I am an addict, and so are you, and so is everyone that will be reading this.
Me: I am? You're talking about internet?
netninja489: You wish. I’m talking about life SON!
Me: Hahahahaha.
netninja489: Haha.

netninja489: We're all controlled by addictions, whether it be work, school, friends, drugs. Whatever your day is comprised of, you’re probably addicted to it, unless you’ve successfully completed a brand new activity you’ve never done before, which is almost never the case
Me: So are we talking about addiction as a problem? or addiction as just part of the whole experience?
netninja489: Both. Addiction is indeed a problem. It’s a festering, moldy, congestive problem that lies rotting underneath the foundation of human culture. It’s why you go to Disneyland. It’s why you get married and have kids. It’s why you think getting a job and being successful is important. What are you addicted to?
Me: What would be the antithesis of addiction as defined as “the festering, moldy, congestive problem that lies rotting underneath the foundation of human culture?”
netninja489: Chaos. Addiction is the normal 9-5. It’s traffic on the freeway. Addiction is our summers getting hotter each year. If no one was addicted, we would live in chaos. Religion, fast food, music: they’re all addictive substances.
Me: But chaos isn't really conducive to foundation either.
netninja489: Is it?
Me: Well I wouldn't know, we've never had the chance.
netninja489: We haven’t. But for the rest of the world and universe, it seems to me they’ve been doing pretty good with chaos in mind.
netninja489: What did you do today?
Me: Sleep, talked to a couple people on the phone, and saw the guy (Han) from the Fast and Furious 3 at Sanam.
netninja489: What did you do the day before?
Me: Arguably the same thing.
netninja489: I believe it is a shame that I can ask anyone those same two questions and have the same type of response.
Me: How do you see chaos working out?
netninja489: Chaos works out because it isnt trying to be something it isn’t. Chaos is truth. With the millions of subcultures we live, we are all trying to be different things. Yet we're all trying to stay happy with a highly regimented routine. Chaos is not having AC. Chaos is not having electricity. Routine is what makes us a very destructive element
Me: But it seems like chaos means death.
netninja489: That’s a whole new topic. Death, the most feared of all fearful ideas. I don’t know how to break it to you but you will die in both scenarios, in a routine or in chaos. I’m also sorry if that was condescending, but I went for it because it felt right.
Me: Yeah, but one means living artificially a little bit longer, and I think that's what the masses want, because that's what they've been told they want, and that's why they want it.
netninja489: Exactly. That’s a problem that isn’t going to be solved. I have no faith whatsoever in resolving that artificial tendency. I’ve probably said this before to you because it’s my most favorite idea. But I’ll say it anyway, we are the most powerful virus ever. In a million years, we should be exhausting the universe's resources. After earth is gone, we will move on to bigger and better things because we feel it’s our responsibility to keep improving.
netninja489: And that is masturbation. We aren’t doing anything else but pleasing ourselves.

Me: Wouldn't you say or wouldn’t most people say that it's human nature just to stay alive? Isn’t that why those addictions are there?
netninja489: Yeah, I’d have to agree. Like all things, we all have the urge and willingness to live, despite all afflictions, except that we have an edge. We can think and because we can think, we can think up more ways to cheat death. And I honestly don’t know where our future lies, if we should be the all time super virus of the universe or if we are the race that chooses practicality and simplicity.
Me: What compels you to think that far ahead?
netninja489: The fact that no one else is thinking that far ahead. 26 cents a gallon turns into 3 dollars a gallon in a century makes me think that far ahead. There’s a pretty good analogy that a friend came up with a while back for what we really are in the grander scheme of things.
netninja489: It’s something like cancer. What if we aren’t God’s children? What if we are a curse to the universe? Just a cancerous cell bent on using and destroying everything. That could make sense, except that we have the ability to choose. We can decide to be something different. Basically if you had cancer, what if the cancer decided not to kill you? That would be awesome, right? Maybe chaos isn't the answer, but routine, in the sense of self-destruction, isn’t either.

::Applause::

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck it. Apparently, I've been beating off for longer than I thought.

hahahhahahaaa

I like the thought of our motivation to please ourself. I think it's this action that makes it so hard to make headway in the psychology department. The only direction to go is to unify the humanities and science. (Interdisciplinary?) To join philosophy and neuroscience, and this era was started by Freud himself (or maybe back with Descarte or whatever) and we're still livin' it. It's a fear of knowing ourself, but fuck it, no one's stopping.

Who knows....

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Descartes was the shit. He knew about the Matrix before computers were even invented.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Routine = ordered chaos. Chaos is already everywhere, so don't think it's the solution to anything. Maybe you're addicted to chaos. Or at least the idea of it.

And don't be quite so arrogant as to think that humans are so amazingly powerful and almighty that we can destroy the earth. The earth and nature has seen some pretty awful shit before us, and it will see more after us. We will destroy ourselves before we destroy the earth. The earth existing without humans isn't the earth's demise. Biologically speaking, life will be just as abundant and rich without us, perhaps even more so. Earth without humans is still Earth, life without humans is still life.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home