I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

"I realized that a 9-5 wouldn't quench my thirst."

It's been pretty slow...

So here's a story I heard that I would like to share...

Scientists conducted a research experiment on a couple of lab rats. They were observing how the rats would respond to two different options. The rats were placed in a cage and presented with two buttons. One button fed the rats food. The other button gave the rats pleasure. I don't know how the button gave rats pleasure. I don't know how to pleasure a rat. But the other button gave the rats pleasure. At first, the rats pressed both buttons pretty much equally. But over an extended period of time, the rats only pressed the pleasure button. The lab rats ended up dying of starvation.

The moral of the story: DON'T USE COCAINE!!!

-----------------------------

Class of 2008

Especially those in community college, this is not the time to sit around. It's time to make something out of yourself. Don't think success is just standing there waiting for you. You have to run and chase after it because it's running away from you. And if you're not running after it, someone else is taking it from you. This year is the difference between what you are and what you could be. Don't have any shoulda/coulda/woulda stories.

-----------------------------

Here are two U.K. stars currently tearing it up...

Corinne Bailey Rae

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lily Allen

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Give them a listen. American artists, please stop sleeping. The girls with bad teeth, halitosis, and unshaved armpits are outdoing you.

Props to A.J. for puttin' on Lily Allen.

9 Comments:

Blogger Patrici said...

Uh, excuuuuuuse me princess, but you forgot M.I.A. [http://www.myspace.com/mia]

But I guess she's not currently tearing it up with a new album, although she did do a remix of a bay song (weird. see myspace)

10:57 PM  
Blogger Patrici said...

also, unshaved armpits is a french stereotype. are you trying to say that all europeans are the same?!

be shamed

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodness...

Miss Rae and I can have babies anyday. Or at the very least make some PB n' J sanwiches. And then munch on them while riding a bike in the park.

At the same time. Cuz she's hot like that.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ups to Cas for actually reading my profile.


And M.I.A. is on point. She has a joint remixed by Diplo that's sick too.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Cas Ruffin said...

Yo D-rock, if you're reading this, I didn't know how similar this post was to your post a month back. Forreal tho, someone really told this story.

3:32 AM  
Blogger d-r0ck said...

fo shiz. i hear a lot of stories about drugs and stuff. i heard a variation of the one you have but it was with chimps, and involved mario brothers.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C6AS36MD

they're not really at the same level as the artists you mentioned, but this song isn't short of a good listen. about halfway through the song it gets even better. hope you like it.

oh, and in case you're wondering, the song was in the spiderman 2 soundtrack so the lyrics are tied to that.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Malachi said...

Lily Allen's gonna be at Popscene SF in October. Let's hit it up and get down one time.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Cas Ruffin said...

I totally agree. Let's go.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home