I once knew a person...

I'm from the South. Hear my story.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Idlewild

Idlewild is on Friday. Who wants to watch it with me?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Idlewild, the album, is coming out on Tuesday. But the album leaked. It's not "The Love Below", but it's definitely worth a listen.



-----------------------------------------------

But the topic of the day is Janelle Monae from OuTeRsPaCe, Georgia.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Who is Janelle Monae? Well for starters, she's the weird, quirky girl riding the back of the cadillac in the Morris Brown video. Some things to note about this 19 year-old is that she's got an amazing voice and an incredible sense of style. She looks like Andre 3000's lil' sister or distant cousin. She also has a cut with Big Boi on the Idlewild CD. Her "Peachtree Blues" is the first song on my "Habit-forming Hits of Summer 2006" CD. If anyone wants to know my type of girl I would date, Janelle Monae would be it.



But what really makes her special? Because she says stuff like this...

"'At the end of the day, you don’t have to sell sex.'

Maybe you won’t see Monáe running around with her T&A on display, but you can’t help but be attracted to her free spirit. 'I’ll never sell out like that,' she says. 'As an artist, you have to have core values that you stick to. I’m not trying to conform to fit in.' Do yourself a favor and follow her lead." (Vibe Magazine)

TAKE THAT, BEYONCE!

JANET JACKSON, PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON!!!

Now that's RAEL!!!

Cas Ruffin signing off

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrici said...

i like her

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i watch idlewild with you?! please! =)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you watch it yet?

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home