Let's Make It
"So life's been treating you good, huh?"
"Life is fair. It's how you treat it is what's important."
-----------------------------------
I often talk about the Filipino who's going to save us. The Filipino messiah, if you will. No, I'm not talking about the 2nd coming of Jesus. I'm talking about the next big Filipino who's going to open the door for other Filipinos in the media. And I'm sorry, Dante Bosco (Rufio) doesn't count.


But here's one girl who isn't doing it right. Yeah that's right, Jasmine Trias. When she was a finalist on American Idol, she was talkin' Hawaiian heritage this and Hawaiian heritage that. She might as well have put some chicken katsu perfume on. But she never mentioned any Filipino pride. That was until she found out that she had a profitable fan base in the Philippines. And now she's milking it for what it's worth, doing Filipino shows, now putting her adobo perfume on. Please stop making money off of our people. Shady.

On the other hand, Camille Velasco, as an American Idol finalist, claimed Filipino from the start. And she's cute, a better singer, and she chops it up with the Fugees. She's also from Hawaii but she wasn't oblivious to who has her back. Wassupperz.

At least there's one girl who's throwin' it up like that's wassup. Cheryl Burke, winner of Dancing With the Stars with Drew Lachey, actually has a commercial out on TFC thanking all the Filipinos because she wouldn't have won the competition if it wasn't for us. Now that's real.
I can talk about the Filipino to save all Filipinos all I want but it doesn't mean anything if I don't ask myself what I'm doing to fix the problem. How am I part of the solution? If you think about it, why would any of these Filipino performers want to save any of us? For those who know me, half of the time, I'm just angry at Filipinos. I mean, at least Jasmine Trias is out there making something of herself. What does she owe to any Filipino (besides all of her fame and success) ? It sounds selfish but at least she's getting hers. I used to think about why Filipinos in America move out to the suburbs and leave all the other Filipinos behind suffering in the city. I realized it's because they're actually trying to leave all the other Filipinos behind. They're out it in the real world trying to make something of themselves. For every successful Filipino out there, there's a 37 year-old Filipino with three kids who still tries to hit up the clubs. And it's not the responsibility of the successful Filipinos to save their own people if they don't want to be saved. Either get yours (save yourself) or don't get yours (drown with the others), but you can't have both. So what am I doing to fix the problem? All I can do is write about it and show you how it goes down.
Speaking of Filipinos and Lacheys, this has got to be the whitest Filipino I know of.

Vanessa Minnillo
------------------------------------
Here's some taste
OK Go - Here It Goes Again
"Life is fair. It's how you treat it is what's important."
-----------------------------------
I often talk about the Filipino who's going to save us. The Filipino messiah, if you will. No, I'm not talking about the 2nd coming of Jesus. I'm talking about the next big Filipino who's going to open the door for other Filipinos in the media. And I'm sorry, Dante Bosco (Rufio) doesn't count.


But here's one girl who isn't doing it right. Yeah that's right, Jasmine Trias. When she was a finalist on American Idol, she was talkin' Hawaiian heritage this and Hawaiian heritage that. She might as well have put some chicken katsu perfume on. But she never mentioned any Filipino pride. That was until she found out that she had a profitable fan base in the Philippines. And now she's milking it for what it's worth, doing Filipino shows, now putting her adobo perfume on. Please stop making money off of our people. Shady.

On the other hand, Camille Velasco, as an American Idol finalist, claimed Filipino from the start. And she's cute, a better singer, and she chops it up with the Fugees. She's also from Hawaii but she wasn't oblivious to who has her back. Wassupperz.

At least there's one girl who's throwin' it up like that's wassup. Cheryl Burke, winner of Dancing With the Stars with Drew Lachey, actually has a commercial out on TFC thanking all the Filipinos because she wouldn't have won the competition if it wasn't for us. Now that's real.
I can talk about the Filipino to save all Filipinos all I want but it doesn't mean anything if I don't ask myself what I'm doing to fix the problem. How am I part of the solution? If you think about it, why would any of these Filipino performers want to save any of us? For those who know me, half of the time, I'm just angry at Filipinos. I mean, at least Jasmine Trias is out there making something of herself. What does she owe to any Filipino (besides all of her fame and success) ? It sounds selfish but at least she's getting hers. I used to think about why Filipinos in America move out to the suburbs and leave all the other Filipinos behind suffering in the city. I realized it's because they're actually trying to leave all the other Filipinos behind. They're out it in the real world trying to make something of themselves. For every successful Filipino out there, there's a 37 year-old Filipino with three kids who still tries to hit up the clubs. And it's not the responsibility of the successful Filipinos to save their own people if they don't want to be saved. Either get yours (save yourself) or don't get yours (drown with the others), but you can't have both. So what am I doing to fix the problem? All I can do is write about it and show you how it goes down.
Speaking of Filipinos and Lacheys, this has got to be the whitest Filipino I know of.

Vanessa Minnillo
------------------------------------
Here's some taste
OK Go - Here It Goes Again


7 Comments:
AW Cas.
That video makes my 5 AM morning.
THAAAAAAAAANKSSS
holy schnikes! that video was just what i needed. thanks cas.
(=
i like camille better than jasmine too. and i like your post. AND i love that video... makes me wish i had a bunch of treadmills to play around with. hahahah
Yeah, other reasons to like Camille Velasco is that she eats at Cafe Colma in Lucky Chances and she has connections in the valley. She also says "wassupperz."
Around the world and back snap to Armand for the OK Go video.
Remember: At 0:59, the guy in the red pants trips.
And you know who's tighter than OK GO's trousers? Apl De Ap, and struggling comedians like Edwin San Juan, Jo Koy, and of course Rex, whos sense of humor is not too far off from every Filipino who can bust jokes. They keeps it rael. (Thats not a typo.. pronounce it ray-el.)
A back tap and two Who-di-who's to you Casanova. And that's rael.
hahah this one time i was playing on treadmills with my friend at the y, and i put the speed really high and told her to jump on. she ended up scraping her chin after the belt speed tripped her and brought her to the end of the treadmill
i didn't mean for that to happen, but i couldn't help lol-ing
hahaha trici called it "the y"
hahahahahahha
joking!!!
laaaaaavvv yyyoooouuu
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home